Table Of Contents
If you’re looking for some awesome ideas for Gengar names, you’ve come to the right place!
In this blog post, we will give you a list of creative nicknames for this spooky Pokemon. If you’re playing the video games these names will help you stand out from the rest of the trainers out there.
So what are you waiting for? Get started now!
Ghostly Names For Gengar
- Madam Spook
- Mr Spook
- Spook Jr.
- Spectre (Specter)
- Mal – Bad
- Grim Shady (Grimm Shady)
Names For Gengar Inspired By Mythology
- Loki – Norse God of Mischief
- Lucifer – Christianity
- Hades – Greek God of the Underworld
- Satan – Christianity
- Anubis – Egyptian God of Death
- Hel – Norse Goddess of the Underworld
- Morrighan – Celtic Goddess of War and Death
- Osiris – Egyptian God of the Underworld
- Thanatos – Greek God of Death
- Hypnos – Greek God of Sleep
- Nyx – Greek Goddess of Night
- Freya – Norse Goddess of War and Death
- Hecate – Greek Goddess of Death and Spirits
- Meng Po – Chinese Goddess who rules the realm of the Dead
- Whiro – Maori God of Death and Darkness
- Mot – Canaanite God of Death
- Sekhmet – Egyptian Goddess associated with death
- Coatlicue – Aztec Goddess of Fire and Destruction
- Ahriman – Persian God of Death and Destruction
- Anansi – Trickster God of West Africa
- Elegua – Trickster God of Yoruba
- Eris – Greek Goddess of Chaos
- Chaos (Khaos) – Greek Goddess
- Laverna – Roman Goddess of thieves
- Lugh – Norse God associated with tricksters
- Veles – Slavic God of the underworld
- Styx – Greek River to the Underworld
- Moroi – Romanian type of vampire or ghost
- Chupacabra – Latin american monster that attacks animals and drinks their blood
- Strigoi – Romanian term for restless spirits
- Llorona – the crying woman of Mexican mythology
- Sayona – Venezuelan vengeful spirit
- Banshee – Irish spirit that heralds death
Names For Gengar Inspired By Literature, Movies, And Games
- Voldemort – Harry Potter series
- Deatheater – Harry Potter series
- The Bloody Baron – Harry Potter series
- Nearly Headless Nick – Harry Potter series
- The Grey Lady – Harry Potter series
- Moaning Myrtle – Harry Potter Series
- Mordred – The Legends of King Arthur
- Merlin – The Legends of King Arthur
- King Boo – Super Mario Brothers
- Queen Boo – Super Mario Brothers
- Big Boo – Super Mario Brothers
- Casper – Casper the Friendly Ghost
- Danny Phantom
- Chesire – Alice in Wonderland
Names For Ghastly From Different Languages
- Noche – Spanish word meaning Night
- Sueno – Spanish word meaning Dream
- Fantasma – Spanish word for Ghost
- Espectro – Spanish word for Spectre
- Espiritu – Spanish word for Spirit
- Diablo (Diablos) – Devil (Devils) in Spanish
- Nacht – Dutch word for Night
- Notte – Italian word for Night
- Naktis – Lithuanian word for Night
- Noite – Portuguese word for Night
- Noctis – Latin word for Night
- Henki – Finnish word for Spirit
- Andi – Icelandic word for Spirit
- Spirito – Italian word for Spirit
- Dvasia – Lithuanian word for Spirit
- Semangat – Indonesian word for Spirit
- Spiritus – Latin word for Spirit
- Sanjati – Bosnian word for Dream
- Droom – Dutch word for Dream
- Unistama – Estonian word for Dream
- Unelma – Finnish word for Dream
- Draumur – Icelandic word for Dream
- Aisling – Irish word for Dream
- Sognare – Italian word for Dream
- Riyoon – Somali word for Dream
- Kurota – Shona word for Dream
- Moe’uhane – Hawaiian word for Dream
Other Gengar Nicknames
- Edgar Allan Poe
Pokemon Name Inspiration
Inspiration can be found all over for naming your Gengar.
Check out some of these ideas!
- Mythology: Gengar could be named after mythological beings such as Loki, Lucifer, Hades, Satan, Anubis, Hel, Morrighan, Osiris, Thanatos, Hypnos, Nyx, Freya, Hecate Meng Po, or Whiro.
- Tricksters: In many cultures, there are stories of trickster gods and goddesses. Examples include Anansi, Elegua, Lugh, and Veles.
- Gods and Goddesses of Death: There are many deities associated with death from different cultures including Coatlicue, Ahriman, Sekhmet, Mot, and Eris.
- Literature: Gengar could be named after literary characters such as Voldemort, Mordred, Merlin, the Cheshire Cat, or Beetlejuice.
- Movies: There are plenty of ghoulish movie characters to choose from including the Ghostbusters, Casper the Friendly Ghost, the Addams Family, and the monsters from Monsters Inc.
- Games: If you’re a gamer, you might want to name your Gengar after characters from your favorite games such as King Boo from Super Mario Brothers, Big Boo, or Queen Boo.
Help Choosing The Right Name
Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect name for your Gengar.
- Think about what qualities you want your Gengar to have. Do you want it to be mischievous? Spooky? Funny?
- Consider its appearance. Is it ghostly white with red eyes? Black with a purple hue?
- What is its personality like? Is it shy or outgoing?
- Does it have any special abilities? Is it a good fighter? A good flyer?
- Consider its type (Genger is a ghost/poison type Pokemon)
- What is its history? Did you catch it in a graveyard? Was it given to you by a friend?
Once you’ve considered all of these factors, you should have no trouble coming up with the perfect name for your Gengar. And if you’re still stuck, there are plenty of resources online to help you find the perfect name for your new Pokémon companion.
The ghost poison type Pokemon Gengar is one of the most powerful Pokémon introduced in generation one and has since been in most video games since then. It is also one of the fan favorites out there.
So with that in mind, it is no wonder that people want to give their Gengar a nickname that represents its power and popularity.
The name ideas in this article are just a starting point, but with a little creativity, you can come up with the perfect name for your Gengar.
So get out there and start exploring all the possibilities! And if you need any more help, there are plenty of resources online to help you find the perfect name for your new Pokémon companion.