In This Article
Are you considering purchasing a jellyfish tank for your home or office and can’t find the right name for the marine creatures you are going to put in it?
Well, no worries, we have an amazing list of great names for you.
Whether you are looking for a strong, fierce, and masculine name, sweet and feminine, cute and cuddle, or something as unique as your new pet, there is something in this article perfect for you.
Let’s dive in.
Best Jellyfish Names
Finding the best name out there for a pet jellyfish can get a little overwhelming; there are endless options available, but only one is going to fit your jellyfish the best.
Below is a list of the 50 top jellyfish names you can choose from when naming your new squishy little friend.
- Jelly Bean
- Mr. Bubbles
- Small Fry
- Captain Jack
- Captain Morgan
- Eddy (as in the water currents)
- Bubble Fett
- Mahi Mahi
- Soy Sauce
- Captain Hook
- Lake Skywalker
- James Pond
- King Neptune
- Swim Shady
Names For Female Jellyfish
Female jellyfish should get a name that sounds as beautiful as these creatures truly are. Whether you have moon jellies as pets or you are naming a wild marine animal from the aquarium, there is a pretty name out there perfect for your friend.
Here is a list of fabulous names perfect for a female jellyfish, no matter her shape, size, color, or breed.
- Brizo (Greek goddess of sailors)
- Little Miss Jelly
- Queen B
Names For Male Jellyfish
Male Jellyfish can have strong, strapping, and courageous names, or they can have names that are suave, and debonair names. No matter which name you choose, think it through carefully because you won’t be able to change it once it sticks.
Here is a list of amazing male names for these deep sea creatures.
- Betta Max
Unisex Names For Jellyfish
If you are trying to come up with a fitting name for your new jellyfish but aren’t sure what gender you are getting yet, then looking for a unisex name will be extremely helpful.
Below is a list of great unisex names that can be used for any occasion; whether your naming the largest jellyfish in the sea or simply coming up with a good name for your child’s newest stuffed animal.
- Captain Ego
- Lady Finger
Cute Jellyfish Names
Jellyfish are super cute and there are a ton of names that can match the way these little guys look. Cute names are easy to come up with and fun to say, making them perfect for a pet jelly.
Here is a list of fantastic cute names you can call your slipper sea creature.
- Mr. Giggles
- Captain Squishy
- Tidal wave
- Officer Jello
- Jilly Billy
- Sweetie pie
- Jay Jay
- Mr. Blob
Good Names For Jellyfish
A good name for a jellyfish can look very different depending on the person naming the animal and the situation they are in. Coming up with a good name doesn’t have to be a difficult task as long as you take the time to choose wisely.
To help you out, we created a list of good names for all types of jellyfish.
- King Neptune
- Aqua Saber
Cool Names For Jellyfish
If you have ever had the pleasure of getting up close with a jellyfish live, you already know just how cool these marine creatures are. That means they can only have the coolest of names.
Below is a list of 50 cool names you can choose from, or feel free to come up with some of your own.
- Tidal Wave
- Silvery Star
- Bahari (ocean in Swahili)
Unique Names For A Pet Jellyfish
There are so many unique species of jellyfish on the planet today, so giving your pet a unique name is almost a must. You can choose names from your favorite books, movies, or even objects that mean something to you.
Here is a fun list of unique names perfect for a jellyfish.
- Great White
Names Of Famous Jellyfish
There are so many breeds of jellyfish in the waters of our planet that it would be pretty hard to list them all.
So instead, we decided to list the most famous jellyfish we could find, from movies to video games, and the most unique species alive today.
Here is a list of famous jellyfish you should consider calling your creature from the blue.
- Blubber (Jelly Blubber, Catostylus mosaicus)
- Iruk (Irukandji Jellyfish, Carukia Barnesi)
- Nettle (Atlantic Sea Nettle, Chrysaora quinquecirrha)
- Cyanea (Blue Jellyfish, Cyanea lamarckii)
- Aurelia (Moon Jellyfish, Aurelia aurita)
- Lion (Lion’s Mane, Cyanea Capillata)
- Mauve (Mauve Stinger,Pelagia Noctiluca)
- Cannonball (Cannonball Jelly, Stomolophus meleagris)
- Cassi (Upside down jellyfish, Cassiopeia Andromeda )
- Slurp Jellyfish (Fortnite)
- Dark Vanguard Jellyfish (Fortnite)
- Cuddle Jellyfish (Fortnite)
- Crystal or Victoria (Crystal Jellyfish, Aequorea Victoria)
- Peely Jellyfish (Fortnite)
- Batya (2007 Film, Jellyfish)
- Efron (2012 Film Paperboy)
- Sand Jellyfish (2015 Horror Film, The Sand)
- Bell (Four-Handed Box Jellyfish, Chiropsalmus quadrumanous)
- Norma (Nomura Jellyfish, Nemopilema Nomurai)
- Big Red (Deep Red Jellyfish, Crossota Norvegica)
- Wasp (Sea Wasp Jellyfish, Chironex fleckerii)
- Physa (The Portuguese man o’ war, Physalia physalis)
Cartoon Jellyfish Names
Whether you are looking to name a jellyfish after one seen on the big screen or simply have a favorite from a cartoon or Disney movie, there are tons of animated characters that make ideal inspiration for naming your new jellyfish.
Here are some great names from popular cartoons you might want to think about calling your squishy new pet.
- Agnes – The youngest girl from Despicable Me
- Ariel – Main Character From Little Mermaid
- Scooby – The Pup from Scooby doo
- Fiona – Female Ogar from Shrek
- Heihe – Chicken From Moana
- Sebastian – Crab from the Little Mermaid
- Elsa – The Queen From Frozen
- Bruce – The shark from Finding Nemo
- Lilo – The girl from Lilo and Stitch
- Marlin – Nemos dad in Finding Nemo
- Gill – Fish in the tank from Finding Nemo
- Destiny – Whale on Finding Nemo
- Pearl – Flapjack octopus on Finding Nemo
- Crush – Turtle in Finding Nemo
- Flounder – Fish in Little Mermaid
- Ursula – Villian in the Little Mermaid
- Bubbles – Yellow fish in Finding Nemo
- Baloo – The Bear from The Jungle Book
- Daphne – From Scoobie Doo
- Bo Peep – From Toystory
- Lady – Dog from Lady and the Tramp
- Luca – From the Movie Luca
- Bloat – puffer fish from Finding Nemo
- Squirt – Baby turtle from Finding Nemo
- Alvin – From Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Bruno – Character from Encanto
- Mrs. Pots – Teapot from Beauty and the Beast
- Lafoo – Character from Beauty and the Beast
- Scuttle – Seagle from The Little Mermaid
- Skipper – Penguin from Madagascar
- Gloria – Hipp From Madagascar
- Melman – Giraffe from Madagascar
- Dave – Octopus from the Penguins of Madagascar
- Gurgle – Purple fish on Finding Nemo
- Maui – Demi-God from Moana
You can find inspiration for jellyfish names from almost anywhere.
People pull ideas from all parts of their lives in order to give their pets a fitting name that will make them smile every time they talk to them.
Here are some things to think about that can help you get inspired when naming your jelly.
- Pick a name that runs in the family – Name the jelly after your dads favorite song, your first car, or a nickname you were given as a child.
- Choose a name from your favorite song – Do you have a favorite singer or song? Pick a word or name from the music you love to listen to.
- Watch your favorite movies or TV shows for inspiration – A great way to find a popular name is by choosing one from famous movies or TV shows.
- Play with words – Mix them, match them, and give them a unique spelling (tentacles on a jellyfish are called oral arms, maybe mix up the word and name your creature, alarms?)
- Name it after its habitat – jellyfish live in all of the oceans around the world, you can name it Atlantic, Coral (coral reef), or Laguna.)
- Name it after your hero – Do you have a family or friend you look up to? Consider giving it their name, their nickname, or something that makes you think of them.
- Name it after A hero – There are many types of heroes in the world, name your jelly after one of them. (what about a greek god or goddess?)
Help Choosing The Perfect Name
It can be difficult finding the perfect name for a new jellyfish. Most people want to pick something that will represent themselves and the aquatic animal in their tank. So, when naming this cute creature, here are some things you should consider.
1. What’s the Jellyfishes’ Personality Like?
Before naming your jellyfish, take a few days to get to know it. What is its personality type, how does it act, and what types of things does it do in the tank?
2. What color is your jellyfish?
Naming it from its color can provide a ton of great options when naming a jellyfish, there are tons of colors out there and many of them go by different names and descriptions, making it easy to choose something great.
3. Does he/she remind you of a specific person, character, etc.?
Does your jellyfish remind you of something or someone? Naming your pet after something familiar is a good way to provide a perfect name that will be easy to remember.
4. What type of Name Do You want?
Are you looking for something common, popular, unique, cute, strong, etc.? Decide what characteristics and feel you want for your jellyfishes name and use that for inspiration.
5. Try to Keep it Short and Sweet
Sometimes it can be tempting to name a new animal a long, cute, or funny name, but this really isn’t necessary and can take away from the name you provide it. Stick with one or two words tops.
Jellyfish are fantastic creatures that can be memorizing while floating in their tanks. They are perfect to keep as pets or mystifying to watch in the deep dark waters of the ocean. No matter what you choose to call your jellyfish, give it a name that it truly deserves.