In This Article
In this blog post, we will list some of the best Piplup nicknames that we have come across.
Keep in mind that these nicknames are just suggestions – you can choose whatever nickname you want for your Piplup!
Best Piplup Nicknames
Check out our picks for the absolute best nicknames for your Piplup below!
- Poseidon (god of the sea in ancient Greek mythology)
- Tux – official penguin mascot of the Linux kernel
- Rockhopper – species of penguin known for hopping between stones
- Emperor – species of penguin admired for their elegant appearance
- Puffin – species of penguin beloved for their cute looks
- Iceburgh – the official mascot of the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team
- Tiplouf – alternative french name for Piplup
- DeVito – referencing Danny DeVito, who plays Penguin in “Batman Returns”
- Popper – referencing the popular children’s book “Mr. Popper’s Penguins”
Cute Nicknames For Piplup
Looking for something adorable to call your Piplup? We got you covered!
Here are the cutest nicknames for your penguin pokemon.
- Pip pip
- Aunt Arctica – Play on words combining “Aunt” with “Antarctica”
- Tummyslide – referencing how penguins move by sliding
- Groovy Bird
- Cozy Heart – a penguin from the Care Bears
- Lil Bird
- Pippi – referencing the children’s book character Pippi Longstocking
- Mr. Penguin – based on the children’s book series of the same name
Water-based Piplup Names
Here is a list of names related to Piplup being a water-type pokemon.
- Mizutori – the Japanese word for “waterfowl” or “bird of the water”
- Aegean – a sea located in the Mediterranean renowned for its beauty
- Wasser – the German word for “water”
Piplup Nicknames Based on the Color Blue
Below are some names based on Piplup’s iconic blue hues.
- Lazuli – a type of gemstone prized for its deep blue color
- Ao – the Japanese word for “blue”
- Azul – the Spanish word for “blue”
- Cornflower – flower with a deep blue color
- Bleu – the French word for “blue”
- Beryl – a gemstone with a light blue color
- Baby Blue
Piplup Names from Movies, TV, and Games
Next, let’s look at some Piplup names inspired by our favorite shows, movies, and games.
- Pingu – from the beloved claymation TV series “Pingu”
- Happy Feet – from the animated film “Happy Feet”
- Mumble – from the animated film “Happy Feet”
- Onk Beakman – from the Skylanders video game series
- Pokey – from the “Pokey the Penguin” online comic strip
- Wheezy – from the Disney film “Toy Story 2”
- King Dedede – Antagonist from Nintendo’s Kirby video game series
- Skipper – from the Dreamworks animated film “Madagascar”
- Rico – from the Dreamworks animated film “Madagascar”
- Private – from the Dreamworks animated film “Madagascar”
- Kowalski – from the Dreamworks animated film “Madagascar”
- Chilly Willy – from the “Chilly Willy” series of animated shorts
- Parker – from the hit musical “Love Birds”
- Feathers – penguin villain from the “Wallace; Gromit” series
- Big Z – legendary surfing penguin from the film “Surf’s Up”
- Cody – from the animated film “Surf’s Up”
- The Penguin – recurring villain from the Batman series
- Pablo – from the Nickelodeon series “Backyardigans”
- Triton – from the Disney film “The Little Mermaid”
- Pororo – baby penguin from the TV series “Pororo the Little Penguin”
- Penta – short-tempered penguin from the Crash Bandicoot video games
- Playboy – penguin from the animated series Looney Tunes
- Sparky – from the satirical comic strip series “This Modern World”
- Chill – penguin-themed boss from the game Mega Man X
- Pentaro – from the satirical video game series “Parodius”
- Tip – from the Disney film “The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea”
Pokémon Nickname Inspiration
Whether you’re just starting your Pokémon journey or are a seasoned trainer, coming up with nicknames for your Pokémon can be tough. After all, you want to choose a name that not only reflects your Pokémon’s personality but is also unique and memorable.
Thankfully, there are a few simple tips you can follow to help you come up with the perfect nickname for your beloved Pokémon.
First, consider your Pokémon’s species and look for inspiration in its appearance or behavior. For example, if you have a Pikachu, you might want to consider names like “Sparky” or “Zap”. Alternatively, if you have a Charmander, “Flare” or “Blaze” could be good options.
You can also look to pop culture for inspiration. For example, if you’re a fan of the Harry Potter series, you might want to consider naming your Pokémon after one of the characters in the books or movies.
Another option is to choose a name that reflects your Pokémon’s moveset. For example, if your Pikachu knows the move “Thunderbolt”, you might want to consider naming it “Bolt”.
Finally, don’t be afraid to get creative and have fun with it! After all, this is your Pokémon and you can choose any name you want.
Help Choosing The Right Name
Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect nickname for your Piplup:
- Try to keep the nickname short, sweet, and easy to remember.
- Think about your Piplup’s personality and try to find a name that fits.
- Avoid using inside jokes or references that only you and your friends will get.
- Steer clear of names that could be considered offensive or rude.
When it comes to nicknaming your Pokémon, the sky’s the limit! With so many options to choose from, you’re sure to find a name that perfectly reflects your Pokémon’s personality and style.
So get creative and have some fun with it! If you need help coming up with a nickname, be sure to check out our list of tips above.
Happy nickname hunting!