Table Of Contents
Looking for Blastoise nicknames? Look no further!
In this blog post, we will provide a list of awesome Blastoise names for you to choose from. Whether you are looking for something funny, cool, or badass, we have got you covered!
So what are you waiting for? Check out our list of nicknames for Blastoise and get inspired today!
Female Blastoise Nicknames
- Shelley– Blastoise’s huge shell makes this nickname both cute and appropriate.
- Hydra – Marvel fans can embrace their villainous side.
- Pacifica – Name your Blastoise after the Pacific Ocean.
- Aoi – This Japanese word for “blue” is also a common girl’s name!
- La Niña – Your Blastoise can’t quite control the weather, but this nickname might frighten the competition.
Mythological Blastoise Names
- Mizukame – Giving homage to Blastoise’s Japanese origins, this name literally means “Water Tortoise”
- Genbu – A Chinese water guardian often associated with knowledge and cold weather.
- Neptune – Greek and Roman mythology are full of sea gods and goddesses, but perhaps the name shared by a blue planet is the best choice!
- Scylla – This monster from Greek mythology lived along the coast of a narrow straight of water.
- Kappa – A humanoid vampiric turtle from Japanese mythology.
Pop Culture Blastoise Names
- Bowser – Homage to another popular video game series!
- Filburt – Give Filburt a friend by naming your Miltank Heifer!
- Shellshocker – More homage, this time to the first Pokemon movie
- Waterga – Final Fantasy fans can try this strongest water spell for their strongest water Pokemon!
- Koopa Troopa – Mario’s experience would’ve been a bit different if he’d been up against Blastoise’s!
- Michelangelo – Since Blastoise is a turtle, this name from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles could be great!
- Morla – Fans of The Neverending Story will recognize this one!
- Cecil – This con-artist-turtle beats Bugs Bunny in a foot race, thanks to some creative (and dishonest) thinking.
- Gamera – Give your Blastoise a confidence boost by naming him after a giant, prehistoric monster!
Other Blastoise Nicknames
- Blasty – A simple start, short and cute for your Pokemon buddy!
- Cruiser – Name your hefty Blastoise after a type of military tank!
- Panzer – This German word for “armor” is also used to mean “tank”.
- Bazooka – One look at the canons on Blastoise’s back should explain this name.
- Old Faithful – Just like the geyser, your Blastoise shoots out strong gushes of water
- Murasaki – Honor your shiny Blastoise with this Japanese word for purple!
- Tsunami – Name your Blastoise with this word meaning “tidal wave.”
- Deluge – Frighten earth-type Pokemon with this word for water inundating the land!
- Kamex – The true Japanese name of this very popular Pokemon.
- Hydro Tank
Pokemon Name Inspiration
Inspiration for your Blastoise’s name can come from anywhere!
Here are a few places to start looking:
- Blastoise’s Japanese name, Kamex
- Blastoise’s type, water
- Blastoise’s unique features, such as its large shell and canons
- Pop culture references, such as other video games or movies
- Mythology, both Greek/Roman and Japanese
- The color blue
Help Choosing The Right Name
Check out these tips for choosing the perfect Blastoise name:
- Consider your Blastoise’s personality. Is it mischievous or calm? Bold or shy? Silly or serious? Its name should reflect its personality!
- Don’t be afraid to get creative! If you can’t find the perfect name, try making one up.
- Have fun with it! Blastoise names are a great way to show off your Pokemon’s personality and make it feel like part of the family.
- Don’t worry if you can’t decide right away. You can always change your Blastoise’s nickname later on.
As you can see, Blastoise names come in all shapes and sizes. Whether you’re looking for something whimsical or a more traditional name to honor the Pokemon’s Japanese origins, there are plenty of options!
Remember that your choice is just an initial one; even if it doesn’t seem perfect now, don’t worry about rushing into anything too permanent.
You may always test out different names and see which one sticks before changing the name by consulting the Pokemon games’ name rater.