Table Of Contents
Colored fish look great in aquariums. They make the perfect pet fish because of their distinct color which doesn’t go unnoticed.
If you want an aquarium or fish jar that your family, friends, and visitors can’t get their eyes off, get a purple pet fish.
However, you’ll have to think of a good name shortly after. The first question everyone asks about a pet is usually their name. If you’re here to get some good purple fish names, look no further.
We have prepared the ultimate purple fish naming guide below. Our suggestions touch on factors like gender, color, the uniqueness of the fish as well as personality.
Let’s dive in.
Best Purple Fish Names
The best name for a purple fish will touch on its color and personality. Combining their purple color and distinct character is an excellent place to start.
In fact, most purple pet fish owners name their pet fish this way.
Here are some of the best most popular names for purple fish to consider;
- Barney – named after the popular purple children’s TV series character Barney
- Grape – named after purple grapes
- Eggplant – named after purple eggplant
- Jaws – name ideal for a tough purple fish
- Lilac – named after a purple lilac flower
- Lavender – named after the lavender flower with purple and hints of blue color
- Orchid – named after purple orchids
- Plum – name ideal for purple fish with hints of red
Female Purple Fish Names
If you’re looking for a name specifically for a female purple fish, here are some great names to consider;
- Aiza – meaning noble in Arabic
- Ann Wolfe – name ideal for a tough female purple fish. Named after a female boxer
- Daisy – named after the daisy flower
- Devina – female name meaning divine
- Eve – means life in Hebrew
- Fleur – means flower in French
- Indira – means beauty
- Iris – means rainbow. Ideal female purple fish name with other rainbow colors
- Lila – named after the Arabic word for “night”
- Luna – named after the Roman goddess of the moon
- Orchid – means orchid flower in Greek
- Pearl – means precious in Latin
- Violet – named after the popular purple color
Male Purple Fish Names
You can name a male purple fish based on masculine names of regular people, famous actors, etc.
- Bruce Lee – named after popular martial arts star
- Caspian – named after Caspian Sea
- Conor – named after UFC champion
- Floyd – named after famous boxer
- Hulk – named after famous wrestler
- Kai – name meaning ocean
- Mike Tyson – name after famous boxer
- Oliver – name means peace. Ideal for a peaceful male purple fish
- Prince – named after an American musician who often wore purple clothing
- Vince – means conqueror in Latin. Ideal for a purple male fish with similar character traits
Unique Purple Fish Names
If you don’t wish to pick a popular purple fish name, you can go for some unique suggestions below that apply to both male and female purple fish;
- Amethyst – named after a quartz variety
- Beet – a name from purple beets
- Boysenberry – Unique name instead of berry
- Ditto – name ideal for a light purple to pinkish fish
- Ekans – unique name after pink Poison-type Pokémon
- Magenta – unique name for a purple fish with unique color hues (purplish, reddish or mauvish).
- Mewtwo – another color-inspired Pokémon name
- Mulberry – named after mulberry
- Periwinkle – name after the purple periwinkle plant flower
- Purples – wordplay for the word purple
- Raisin – named after purplish raisins
- Sangria – named after a purplish alcoholic drink
- Starmie – name after another purple Pokémon character
- Thanos – name after purple supervillain Thanos. Ideal name for a fish with a matching character
Cute Purple Fish Names
A purple fish can be lovely or loveable based on its physical attributes or behavior. What should you call your cute purple fish?
Help Choosing The Right Name
How do you select the best names for your purple fish? Well, if you are lucky enough to find a name you like above, you don’t have to go through this section.
For additional awesome fish naming ideas, consider the following;
This is an obvious but commonly overlooked tip when looking to name a pet. Every pet owner has something they want in a pet name. It could be something unique, something representative, a funny name, an exotic name, a cool fish name, etc. You could also want a simple name. Before you pick a name, think about what your wants are, if you have any. Do you have pet names you dislike? Think about such things for a moment to get inspiration.
What’s more, you can think about your fish’s unique appearance while considering factors like color. Think about what you see when you look at your fish swimming and choose a name that brings out their character.
2. Seek Assistance
You shouldn’t leave your pet naming process to yourself if you can get help from a friend, family member, etc.
There are also resources like the internet with many useful naming tools you can use. Besides turning to search engines like Google, you can go to highly specialized pet naming resources like blogoftom for inspiration.
3. Don’t Overlook Wordplay
You can make common names unique by adding your own twist. For instance, instead of choosing names like Nemo and Fin that are incredibly common, you can add a title i.e., Nemo the Great or Mrs. Fin.
Adding your own twist can make a common boring name unique and fun.
4. Test The Name
Once you have a few names, don’t be overly excited until you test the names and they feel right.
What do your friends or family members think of the name? Does your purple fish seem to respond to the name?
Asking yourself these questions will give you the clarity you need to settle on a name.
Naming your purple fish can be challenging. Unless you are really creative and have overflowing pet names waiting, you need some names or inspiration from a naming guide.
Luckily, if you don’t have a name already from the above examples, you are bound to be inspired to find a name or use valuable naming resources like blogoftom for inspiration.