Click the links below to skip to the section in this post:
Finding the perfect name for your pet eagle is a worthy endeavor.
The satisfaction of a well-fit name — one that captures your eagle’s unique personality and physical prowess – is unrivaled.
A regal name for a regal bird or perhaps a funny name for your quirky flyer.
Whatever the personality, find a fitting name for your eagle with this ultimate guide of eagle names, organized by topic.
Let’s dive in.
Best Eagles Names
These birds of prey call for unique and meaningful names.
We’ve gathered some of the best names for eagles and their meanings for your review.
- Aya – Hebrew, meaning falcon or eagle
- Majesty – Latin, meaning royal bearing
- Defiance – meaning of resistance
- Beloved – meaning well-loved
- Altair – Arabic, meaning mighty flight and hunting
- Strange – meaning unfamiliar
- Striker – meaning to hit with precision
- Yuri – Russian, meaning earth-worker
- Isarno – German, meaning eagle of iron
- Makyah – Native American, meaning hunter of eagles
- Angus – Scottish, meaning one strength
- Aquila Amzi – Hebrew, meaning mighty and strong
- Hawking – English, meaning falconry
- Obelisk – Greek, meaning to pierce the sky
- Albatross – Arabic, the diver
- Koel – meaning a cuckoo bird
- Amoldo – Spanish, meaning power of an Eagle
- Arundel – Old English, meaning valley of the eagle
- Darvell – Old English, meaning eagle town
- Starling – English, a bird
- Maleo – meaning a volcanic nesting bird
- Aras – Lithuanian, the intelligence of an eagle
- Tenacious – meaning not easily stopped
- Freedom – meaning without boundary, liberty
- Sora – Japanese, sky
- Peta – Native American, meaning Eaglet
- Swift – meaning with speed
- Valor – English, meaning strength
- Harpy – meaning a rare American eagle
- Liberty – meaning freedom
- Justice – meaning doing right
- Suffrage – meaning having the privilege to vote
- Hope – meaning a virtue of cheerful expectation
- Monarch – meaning a great ruler
- Condor – meaning a ruthless vulture
- Scout – American, meaning first explorer
- Ambrose – meaning immortal
- Aldrich – German, meaning old and wise ruler
- Freida – German, meaning a peaceful ruler
- Sterling – meaning of great value
- Talbot – meaning messenger of destruction
- Alistair – meaning to defend man
- Burgess – English, meaning freeman of a borough
- Merritt – meaning worthy of mention
- Waren – German, meaning loyal
- Jordan – German, meaning flowing down or swooping
- Tolerance – meaning a cheerful disposition towards hardship
- Wren – meaning a small bird
- Trogon – Greek, nibbling bird
- Rian – Irish, meaning little king
Female Eagle Names
If you have a female eagle, these meaningful names will compliment her feminine yet fierce nature.
These names are listed with their meanings inspired by precious stones, flowers, and more!
- Ruby – meaning deep red precious stone
- Gracie – meaning favor or blessing
- Arlie- Old English, meaning eagle wood
- Rose – meaning eternal love
- Irena – Greek, meaning peace
- Iora – Greek, meaning birdlike woman
- Misty- meaning light fog
- Aleria – Latin, meaning fierce eagle
- Blusher – meaning easily embarrassed
- Arnia- Old English, meaning strong as a mighty eagle
- Lazalea – Old Greek, meaning the ruler of the eagles
- Selah – meaning to praise
- Opal – meaning jewel
- Corella – meaning maiden
- Amoldina – German, meaning the strength of an eagle
- Roxy – meaning dawn
- Catalina – meaning pure
- Estrella – meaning star
- Ellie – meaning shining light
- Caracara – Hindu, meaning moving being, hawk, or falcon
Male Eagles Names
If you have a male eagle, look no further than this list of robust names.
Each name is listed with a brief description of its meaning.
- Alfie – meaning wise counsel
- Nitro – meaning a person who lives
- Arnald – German, meaning ruler of the eagles
- Brant– Old English, meaning firebrand
- Jery– German, meaning sent by God
- Rook – English, meaning raven
- Otis – meaning wealth
- Atlas – meaning enduring
- Victor – meaning conqueror
- Buster – meaning tough guy
- Bram – meaning father of multitudes
- Buck – meaning deer, cowboy
- Earnest- German, serious, and determined
- Toby – meaning God is good
- Bruiser – meaning a big husky man
- Besra – meaning mankind, optimistic
- Jaeger– German, meaning hunter
- Becard – French, meaning gossip or speaker
- Brambling– meaning blackberry shrub
- Trogon– Greek, meaning nibbling
Unisex Names For An Eagle
Perhaps you’re looking for a gender-neutral name for your eagle.
This list draws on the common characteristics of female and male birds.
- Blake – meaning pale blond or dark
- Brooklyn- meaning broken land
- Dagon – meaning fish
- Emerson – English, Meaning brave
- Severn – meaning the longest river in England and Wales
- Farley – English, meaning woodland clearing
- Onyx – Greek, meaning a jet black stone
- Linden– Old English, meaning lime tree
- Nova – Native American, meaning butterfly chaser
- Adrian – Greek, meaning rich
- Farley – English, meaning woodland clearing
- Onyx – Greek, meaning a jet black stone
- Ariel – Hebrew, meaning lion of God
- Aspen – American, quaking tree
- Cedar – meaning a unique tree species
- Grove – Old English, meaning to live near a forest
- Shire – meaning untouched nature
Cute Eagle Names
A cute eagle name may be the perfect fit for your loving companion.
These names elicit images of the sweetest characteristics of eagles.
Cool Names For Eagles
If you’re looking for a list of edgy names for an eagle, you’ve found it.
This list is composed of boisterous names that project a cool demeanor.
Popular Eagle Names
Famous Names For Eagles
Inspired by a poet, an athlete, or maybe your favorite cartoon?
Look no further than this list of famous names for your eagle!
- Arden – the name of Shakespeare’s mystical forest
- Arnelle – daughter of Heisman Trophy winner OJ Simpson
- Arnold – a famous cartoon character from “Hey Arnold”, world-famous bodybuilder Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Drake – a famous musician
- Rio – a famous bird from the movie Rio
- Picasso – a famous eccentric artist
- Julius – after the noble Julius Ceasar
- Milton – after Milton Williams an Eagles football player
Funny Names For Eagles
If you and your feathery friend love to laugh, try out this list full of puns, rhymes, and wordplay.
- Bird Legs
Names For Bald Eagles
The Bald Eagle or the American Eagle requires a name of great significance and majesty. After all, this bird of prey is the largest in the United States.
This list pulls from patriotic inspiration as well as Native American origins.
- Calvin – little bald one
- Noelani- Hawaiian, meaning heavenly mist
- Tadita– Native American, meaning to the wind
- Leukos- meaning white
- Era- a time of great significance
- Celeste- Italian, meaning of the sky or heavenly
- Teva- Hebrew, meaning nature
- Lulani- Hawaiian, meaning sky
- Sar- Hebrew, meaning storm
- Pelaethee– Native American, meaning eagle
Names For White-bellied Sea Eagles
These eagles swoop down to catch their prey along water bodies across the globe.
Enjoy this list curated from water locations and water inspiration.
- Mariana – meaning star of the sea
- Murdock – meaning of the sea
- Tern – meaning to resemble a marine bird
- Dory– an animated fish in the film “Finding Nemo”
- Flounder– a character from “The Little Mermaid”
- Sebastian– a character from “The Little Mermaid”
- Calypso- Greek, a sea nymph
- Santa Monica– a well-loved beach in California
- Whitehaven – a popular beach in Australia
- Waikiki – a well-visited beach in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Barbados– an island country known for its beaches
- Waters– a reference to the sea
- Meltem- Turkish, meaning sea wind
Names For Golden Eagles
Pulled from words inspired by golden and rich adornments these names are sure to bring added meaning to your Golden Eagle.
- Zorro – Slavonic, meaning hero of the golden dawn
- Halycon – meaning to have prosperous quality
- Robinhood – known for stealing gold from the rich
- Aura – Latin, meaning glowing light
- Viking – a people in pursuit of gold
- Pirate – a people in pursuit of gold
- Souvanna – Lao, meaning gold
- Souvankham – Lao, meaning gold
- Vanna – Cambodian, meaning golden
- Lipaz – Hebrew, meaning my gold
- Kanok – Thai, meaning gold
- Aureli – Hebrew, meaning lion of God
- Chrysanthemum – a golden flower
- Nugget – a reference to golden nuggets
- Paziah – Hebrew, meaning the gold of Jehovah
- Millaray – a golden flower
- Karat – a reference to the measure of gold
- Gilda – English, meaning covered with gold
- Zarina – Persian, meaning golden
- Xanthos – Greek, meaning golden-haired
Names For Giant Eagles
Some of the largest birds of the sky demand mighty names.
This list is composed of names for eagles inspired by their great size.
- Hagrid – Harry Potter’s giant friend
- Tuuli – Finish, meaning a great wind
- Tuulikki – Finish, meaning little wind
- Tornado – meaning a powerful storm
- Hurricane – meaning a strong storm
- Aella – Greek, meaning whirlwind
- Montaro – meaning big boy
- Big Ben – a large clock tower in London
- Kahuna – Hawaiian, meaning large
- Humphrey – meaning giant peace
- Anzo – German, meaning giant
- Polaris – a mighty North Star
- Reis – Israeli, meaning giant
- Denali – the largest mountain in North America
Mythical Eagle Names
Find an eagle name well suited for a literary or mythological savant.
- Phoenix – Greek, deep scarlet red
- Thor – Greek, the hammer-wielding god
- Kiskadee – Greek, Isle of the blessed where only the purest souls reside
- Apollo – meaning protector
- Nephele- the Greek goddess who was created from a cloud by Zeus
- Thora – Scandinavian, meaning goddess of thunder
- Titan – defender
- Bronte – Greek, meaning thunder
- Anemone – Greek, meaning daughter of the wind
- Amaterasu – Japan, meaning heaven and sky according to Japanese mythology
- Atlas – a Titan who held the world on his shoulders
- Neptune – god of the vast sea
- Hercules – a demi-god of Greek mythology
- Albion – a Titan of Greek mythology
- Garuda – Vedic, the serpent-swallower
Pet Name Inspiration
The stunning nature of these birds of prey inspires names of equal cunning. It’s important that you choose a name for your Eagle that both you and your pet will relish in the coming years.
Inspiration awaits in every characteristic and charm of your eagle. Watch carefully to learn the personality of your pet eagle prior to selecting a name.
Help Choosing The Right Name
A few tips to help you choose a good fit name.
First, always choose a name that has personal meaning, even if you simply like the sound of a name! Second, consider your eagle’s unique personality and traits. Finally, try the name on!
Say the name out loud and ask yourself some questions!
Does the name sound like my pet? Am I able to say it clearly? Does this name evoke a feeling of joy or satisfaction?
If the answer is yes, you’ve found the perfect name for your eagle. If not, don’t fret. Reread this guide to find another possible name and continue the process.
It is our hope that this guide has provided inspiration and name ideas regardless of the eagle species you own: fish eagles, snake eagles, bald eagles, giant eagles, sea eagles, or golden eagles!
For more information and inspiration specific to your eagle breed check out this article.